Information provided by the ISAK hiking & trekking club:
The hiking club would like to do the following this year:
- Trail Maintenance- maintaining trails through clearing out minor debris & trash disposal to keep them orderly thus benefiting us and the community in future hikes or expeditions.
- Trail Mapping/Exploration- finding new trails and prospective hiking destinations, and mapping/noting them on a piece of paper if no map exists, and possibly posting them online.
- Survival Techniques Program- learning of survival techniques (ex: making fire, gathering water, improvisation) and tips in the wilderness to help us survive and adapt to changing & unfamiliar environments.
- Camping- overnight trips not too far from the campus where we could bond and socialize while being around nature.
- Biology-related activities (taking notes of plants, etc)- taking notes and information of the biolife around us and possibly compiling & studying them.
- Meditation- to help make us more aware and grateful of these simple joys around us.