Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at ISAK. We seek to employ individuals who are eager to join a diverse, engaged and supportive community at our beautiful campus in Karuizawa, Japan. Due to the volume of inquires we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission, but if your qualifications fit our needs, we will contact you. While all applications are kept on file, we encourage you to re-submit application materials as new openings are posted.
(There are currently no faculty positions available)
1. Head of Operations 事務局長
To apply for this position, candidates must have native level Japanese language skills.
- Academic Affair Teamの監督および文科省が定める規程の準拠確認
- 地方公共団体 / 各種監督官庁への届出書類の確認
Manage administrative business functions
Human Resources (HR):
- Isse and review employment contracts
- Manage staff’s attendance
- Manage salary and benefit tables
- Hire staff
- Conduct performance reviews for staff
- Establish and run professional development program for staff
Legal and Compliances:
- Oversee Academic affair team to meet NEXT regiments
- Issue and review business contracts
- Manage government/tax/internal inspections
- Establish and update internal provisions
- Manage government-relations
- Check and approval official documents required by government and other organizations
Accounting / Taxes / Finance:
- Oversee Accounting and Finance team
- Check spendings and manage monthly cash flow
- Check and approve annual budget and financial statements before submitting to the board and council meetings
- Attend Finance Committee meeting
Facilities and procurements:
- Oversee facilities team
- Oversee and approve large procurement items
- Prepare handouts for board and council meetings and take minutes
- Conduct weekly staff meeting
- Coordinate with facility manager and HOS for campus planning
- Attends Risk Management Committee meeting
- Manage local community relationship
- Be a contact perron for Academic Department
- Other miscellaneous tasks
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. If you are interested in apply for this position, please send a CV along with cover letter (A4 1 page) to email@example.com. We will conduct interviews for applicants who pass the initial screening.
2.Communications & Marketing Fellow (10-month position)
We are currently seeking a Communications & Marketing Fellow for the 2017-2018 school year.
This is a 10-month, entry-level position for a recent graduate in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field. The position is part of our Fellows program and is renewable for up to 3 years (renewal is not guaranteed).
This is an exciting opportunity to live and work in Japan in an English speaking environment and build a solid portfolio in the non-profit education sector. Supervised by the communications director, the communications officer will support admissions, development, and alumni/parent relations by identifying, researching and creating a variety of content including blog posts, videos, email newsletters, social media posts and web content. In addition, the communications officer will provide general support to the school as needed.
The communications officer will live on campus and will be part of the school community. While some office hours will be required, this is not a typical 9-5 desk job; the communications officer is expected to participate fully in school life and will have the opportunity to experience Japan through many off-campus excursions including outdoor education, cultural field trips, and service activities.
Contract: August 18, 2017 to June 18, 2018 (10-month position)
- Recent bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Globally-minded and interested in experiencing and promoting a diverse community
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Native level English speaker/writer (additional languages a plus)
- Excellent factual and creative writing skills with ability to tailor messages to specific audiences
- Passion for graphic design, photography and video production
- Experience with social media strategies and paid social media campaigns
Position will support the Communications Director through:
- Writing and Storytelling
- Digital Content Creation
- Video & Photo Creation / Editing
- Event Support / General School Support
- Weekly Parent Newsletters & Quarterly Subscriber Newsletters
- Development & Admissions Communications Support
- Strategic Communications and Marketing Planning
Experience with the following is desired:
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- ESP (MailChimp, Constant Contact)
- Video editing software such as iMovie or FinalCut Pro
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Forms
- Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Salary for the 10-month contract is 1,800,000 Japanese yen (approximately $16,000). In addition to the monthly salary, this position includes round trip airfare to and from Japan, room & board, health insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a CV along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct interviews for applicants who pass the initial screening. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2017.
2017 年8月 〜
経験やスキルにより厚遇 待遇 交通費全額支給
④国際バカロレアDPカリキュラムの経験があればなお可 (Japanese Language B(SL/HL), Japanese ab initio)
英語と日本語による 志望理由書(A 4 一枚以内)、職務経歴書、履歴書、教員免許状のPDFコピーを添付の上、 email@example.com までメールにてご送付ください。